A day in the life of a family of five.


Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Nights

Summer nights are kickball games in the yard in your swimming suit.

Summer nights are neighbors and friends in the pool.
Summer nights are big splashes.
Summer nights are making a whirlpool.
Summer nights are a game of shark in the pool.
One of my favorite things about summer nights... fresh cut grass.
One of my least favorite things... weeds in my flower bed.
I love the way the sun shines in the windows of my Bethie's windows in the evening. I love cool summer nights like tonight. When we can shut off the air, open the windows and sleep in the coolness of the night. I love sitting on my front porch swing watching the traffic go by. I love the smell of fresh cut grass and the way it clings to the feet of my babies as they play kick ball in the yard. I love baseball/softball, but I love when it's over and we can spend our nights at home...loving summer nights.

No comments: